Sunday, June 16, 2013

I Love You Daddy

{It seems we always pay less attention to fathers' day than mothers' day. I wonder why that is. Perhaps it's because a lot of people have "father issues" in some way or another. I really don't know.}

I spent a significant amount of time prior to this day dedicated to fathers researching ideas for a gift. What gift suffices to say "thanks Dad for providing for me my whole life"? The reality is, you can't repay him for years of care, love and a poo load of money.

A couple of years ago on Fathers' Day, I heard this song on the radio. I always thought Jackson 5 sang this song but only today have I realised that it was in fact Ricardo & Friends that sings this legendary song.. in 1987 - apparantly.

I can't help but feel like an 80s chorus girl when this song plays.

- Rivkah Hope





Another Fathers' day favourite is "Daughters" by John Mayer. He perfectly describes the circle of life. How can a young man be so insightful?!




- Rivkah Hope

No comments: