Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Beginning Days of Cover Phase

Unexpectedly, I landed myself in Milan, Italy this year and I am absolutely loving the new life. I've been so inspired over the European summer season; seen many dreamy places and learnt of new cultures and ways of living.

One thing in particular that is interesting for me to see is that pop music makes it's way to all spheres of "Western culture". Being in a club in a little beach town in Tuscany feels very similar to my usual local hangouts in Cape Town, South Africa. Alongside my newly founded appreciation for the uniting effect of pop music, comes my newly sprung desire to get involved in the "cover" community.

Alas, these are the beginning days of my cover phase. Every week via the magical Internet which connects us all (except those poor citizens of countries which ban Western social media) I will be sending out a new cover of popular music.

Today, it starts with a very low-key (excuse the pun) home-made video of a little pop folk tune called Budapest. Closing my eyes, the picture I get of this song is of a humble traveler contently making his/her way through new places and experiences.

I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to post your opinions and cover requests!

Un bacione
x


No comments: